Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Engine heating
sam84
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 23-9-2018 at 01:26 PM
Engine heating

Hi
This is my first time in the forum. I have 2 issues with my corsa el41.
1. It starts up without a problem, then after running for 30 minutes or 1hr after I stop the engine it doesnt startup. When i turn on ignition i hear the radiator fan. After i leave it for 20/30 minutes it starts without any problem. Checked the battery through the shop with load check. They said the battery is ok.

2. When driving normaly (50-60)kmh the temprature gauge is in the middle. When i drive at highway speeds (100)kmh guage gets near hot. When i get off the highway it gets back to normal. Did a coolant flush plus inspected the hoses for cracks. But didnt find any cracks. Please help
mulberry
TO Crew

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-9-2018 at 11:13 AM

Cooling system is a closed system. Does the radiator blow coolant into the overflow bottle past the maximum line? When the car is cool did the radiator siphon coolant from the overflow bottle back to the radiator? Did you check the thermostat? If the top radiator hose is cold after the car reaches operating temperature as per the gauge that would indicate a stuck thermostat. Do the radiator fans cycle on and off? What is the condition of your radiator cap? You have a few things to check and report back.
sam84
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 28-9-2018 at 08:55 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.
My cousin burrowed the car for 2 weeks, so will not be able to perform those checks until I get the car. Removed the thermostat of the engine cause the thermostat was open stuck. Its been running without the thermostat for 2 months.
I plan on replacing it but had lost the thermostat, can u please tell me the model number of the thermostat.

Go To Top