Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Woo hoo! New cluster works
AlbertaBeef
T.O. Patron

Mood: Time for upgrades!

[*] posted on 19-4-2018 at 04:24 PM
Woo hoo! New cluster works

Bought a 1992 paseo cluster, 5 spd no abs...

Everything works!

Just waiting on arrival of my manifold/downpipe from sacha at Wicked EP Racing for my next upgrade... should have that in about two more weeks

Having a blast!
lildwayne14
TO Member

[*] posted on 27-4-2018 at 12:02 PM

Ive seen a few how to post about this how difficult would you say it was to do? Thought about doing it too but the price for these things on ebay are crazy and im not quite done with my build yet.

[Edited on 27-4-2018 by lildwayne14]
sseattle
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 29-4-2018 at 03:02 AM

Hi all , I just picked up a "91" and it is running very odd
The guy I got it from said he messed with the vacuum lines at one point
Could somone be kind and send me a pic of there vac lines on the passenger side
Thanks
clau069cr
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 30-4-2018 at 08:00 PM

Hello guys, I also bought a cluster of Paseo 92, for my 91 tercel. Everything worked very well for 4 years, until now, that presents a problem with the needle of the RPM, the needle does not exceed 2,000 RPM, when I accelerate it. My question is if anyone knows if the tachometer of my cluster can be repaired. Also the needle of the temperature marker is failing me, when I start my car, the needle goes up to the top, at the maximum temperature, after two minutes it goes down and stays at the normal temperature, it only happens when I start the engine. Any of you that has happened to those problems?
AlbertaBeef
T.O. Patron

Mood: Time for upgrades!

[*] posted on 30-4-2018 at 11:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lildwayne14  
Ive seen a few how to post about this how difficult would you say it was to do? Thought about doing it too but the price for these things on ebay are crazy and im not quite done with my build yet.

It really wasn't that difficult - more time consuming and a little annoying more than anything.

You remove the steering wheel, remove the plastic shroud around the steering wheel/controls, remove the bezel that holds the cluster in, then remove the cluster. Then put the new cluster in and do it all in reverse order.

The annoying part was finding all the screws. Amazingly, there's a guy who did a youtube video of replacing the bulbs, and has it step-by-step for 91-94 tercel:

Cluster Removal, 91-94 Tercel
lildwayne14
TO Member

[*] posted on 24-5-2018 at 03:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AlbertaBeef  
Quote: Originally posted by lildwayne14  

It really wasn't that difficult - more time consuming and a little annoying more than anything.

You remove the steering wheel, remove the plastic shroud around the steering wheel/controls, remove the bezel that holds the cluster in, then remove the cluster. Then put the new cluster in and do it all in reverse order.

The annoying part was finding all the screws. Amazingly, there's a guy who did a youtube video of replacing the bulbs, and has it step-by-step for 91-94 tercel:

Cluster Removal, 91-94 Tercel

Ok kool. Good Stuff. I have a 98 Tercel so it might be a little different as I was planning on using the 95-99 toyota starlet glanza cluster. If I do get my hands on one Ill be sure to post my install.

Go To Top