Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rain infiltration
96seoDD
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 11:56 PM
Rain infiltration

Well it seems like if it's not one thing it's 10 with this car. I've recently noticed that there is rain getting in my passenger side floor board. No it's not my hesater core the car was parked and it rained now my floor board is wet, also the coolant system holds pressure after driving. I looked under the dash and noticed the firewall insulation is soaked. I'm thinking it might be windshield. I'm going to water hose it down tomorrow and see if I can't see the source, I think that will be difficult because of the the air condition box is under there. I know with the age of this car (1996 model) things like this happen but is this a common problem or has anyone else had this problem and has suggestions on what to look at. I do have 1 in. spacers on the hood bolts so I could originally clear the top mount intercooler but I need to relocate the air filter before I can remove those. I don't think that's allowing the water to run down the firewall and get inside somehow though because my hood has been this way for months now. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Go To Top