Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: turbo boost
turbo confustion
TO Member

Mood: turbo

[*] posted on 30-8-2017 at 09:12 PM
turbo boost

I have being trying to sort out an idle run problem. Its an e-efte ran fine in the tercel it was in(rusty fuel tank rusty brake lines rusty thrashed body 500,000 kilometers)I was going to put it in a Paseo I bought but my blacktop in my 85 bMr2 turned up lame. Installed it(e-efte) in the mr2.since it randomly cuts out for a milli second once its warm it gets better and mostly runs fine. Now it seems to only get 5lbs boost were it was getting 10lbsTwo questions any hints on the motor cutting out and where did the 5lbs boost go? Any hints?
turbo confustion
TO Member

[*] posted on 30-8-2017 at 09:43 PM
Turbo boost

The drop outs are random with no pattern seems like the low coolant issue but pretty sure that's not the case. I smoke tested a and found one vacuum leak fixed it still the same. Been over the wiring think I have it right. Its driving me crazy
AlbertaBeef
Junior TO Member

Mood: Time for upgrades!

[*] posted on 31-8-2017 at 12:45 AM

Some (possibly dumb) questions ... but are you using the MAP and the ECU from the 4E-FTE?
turbo confustion
TO Member

[*] posted on 31-8-2017 at 07:55 AM
boost

Yes I am motor ran great in the Tercel it was in for three years. I will go back over the wiring today . Driving me crazy :angry:
turbo confustion
TO Member

[*] posted on 1-9-2017 at 08:33 AM
boost

turns out the ignition circuit had a random voltage drop down a couple of volts not sure why .I used an extra relay to resupply the ignition seems ok now woohoo!
turbo confustion
TO Member

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 11:53 AM
Back again an update of sorts

My last post; I managed to get my 4efte to run ok in my mr2.After that I had cooling issues. To make along story short the timing was way off I[Retarded] once I reset the timing it runs fine . Yeah!Thanks again to everyone on this site. Not that I have been on a lot of car enthusiast sites but this is by far the best .

:pepper:

turbo confustion
TO Member

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 12:15 PM
Paseo

I have been enjoying the Paseo I got to replace the Tercel as a daily driver. I removed the one inch spacers from the wheels yeah handles like car now. Ended up having to replace cv shafts and adjust the idle [the idle screw had backed out or had been adjusted all the way out. An amazing car paid $900 Canadian it had 210000kms [130000 miles]Yeah love the E platform!!! Although I'm not sure why they put aback seat in the paseo there's no head room!!

Go To Top