Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The status of online car forums?
itzgiizmo
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 3-6-2017 at 08:22 PM
The status of online car forums?

Hey guys, I was wondering what you all think about the overall lack of activity going on not just on this forum, but all car forums, even online forums in general for that matter. This site is probably coming close to 20 years old now. I see a lot more activity in car pages on social media sites like Facebook, but to me it seems that it's harder to find specific technical information on there, and for niche things like Tercels, there's almost nothing. I think forums as a whole are on their way out, and they will become a part of internet history. At least we'll have archives. What do you guys (or girls) think? Are forums on their way out or are they here to stay?
Italianjoe1
Junior TO Member

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-6-2017 at 12:22 AM

Facebook groups have killed forums. Kids would rather go on there to ask questions and such. I saw cobalt forum declined rapidly over the last 5 years due to that, everything is now done through the FB groups. It sucks, as the forum was somewhat moderated. The FB groups are full of idiots and useless info/people.
Daox
TO Crew

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 5-6-2017 at 08:22 AM

Forums are definitely fighting with facebook for activity. I own a total of 5 different forums and we're constantly trying to figure out how to one up facebook so we can keep people coming back. Its pretty tough, facebook is extremely convenient, but not organized at all. Forums can provide a TON of good info, better features (like a garage, fuel log, wiki, etc), keep it organized, much better search ability, and have much better moderation as Italianjoe1 mentioned. However, they're not quite as convenient for the phone obsessed generation. What wins out? We'll see.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top