Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Temperature sender for 88 terc with 4efte
Dyldopolis
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 8-2-2017 at 09:02 PM
Temperature sender for 88 terc with 4efte

Im finally nearing the end of my turbo swap after almost 2 years. Just odds and ends left at this point. The only thing left that really baffles me is why my temperature guage still doesn't work. I have 2 wires left in my gt revva harness in the vicinity of the thermostat housing that are not plugged in to anything. There is one spade connector sticking out of the housing that is not plugged in. I have tried both wires and neither makes the guage work or make any difference to the way the engine runs. Anyone know how this setup works or is supposed to work?
Thanks in advance

1988 2 door sedan 4E-FTE
GT_REVVA
TO Showoff

Mood: when you KNOW you're smarter than someone, don't be afraid to LET THEM KNOW. -my Mom..smartest person I know :deal:

[*] posted on 8-2-2017 at 11:17 PM

2 years huh? Man that took a while..

That spade connector (yellow wire with green stripe) goes on the sender located below the coolant temp sensor (green sensor with the 2 wire connector)

Of course the gauge wont move until the temperature starts going up:deal:

Any other questions feel free to text or email as I'm not on here as much as I used to be

Glad to see you're almost done wrapping up the swap though

he who knows and, knows he knows...he is a wise man , seek him
he who knows and, knows not he knows....he is asleep, wake him
he who knows not and, knows he knows not...he is a child, teach him
he who knows not and, knows not he knows not...he is a fool, shun him
Mulberry:The car is reliable, it has made at least 100 passes on the dyno and it has passed the GT_REVVA test
sleepyrz:yea and if he cant get it to break you sure as hell cant

krussure of nubz dreemz Ultrasound Baby Driving
DivisionOne Article Autoblog RR articleFACT THREAD TO Members' Modded Rides TO HORSEPOWER LEADER BOARD
VISIT MY STORE
Dyldopolis
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 9-2-2017 at 02:58 PM

Thanks for the reply, man. Yeah I stay pretty busy with several projects at once. I had an 86 MR2 come in to my possession as well as a TE72(which was then traded for a te38). So those set this one back a ways, lol.

I figured the spade connector was probably the right one since its the closest to the sender. It doesnt seem to work. I also tried switching out the one from the old 3e in case they used different resistances, but to no avail.

By chance, is it on the same circuit as the cooling fan? I know the ac has to be plugged in or else the fan stays running non stop. I also have that problem since I haven't been bothered to rewire the connector. I was thinking that maybe i need the entire circuit to be plugged in in order to get a reading?

Probably going to give that a try tonight since its already starting to warm up here in AZ, lol.

1988 2 door sedan 4E-FTE
GT_REVVA
TO Showoff

Mood: when you KNOW you're smarter than someone, don't be afraid to LET THEM KNOW. -my Mom..smartest person I know :deal:

[*] posted on 9-2-2017 at 09:23 PM

No it's totally independent of the cooling fan circuit

That's weird though. Did that gauge work BEFORE the swap?

Damn you sound like you have a nice lil Toyota arsenal there

Throw some pics

he who knows and, knows he knows...he is a wise man , seek him
he who knows and, knows not he knows....he is asleep, wake him
he who knows not and, knows he knows not...he is a child, teach him
he who knows not and, knows not he knows not...he is a fool, shun him
Mulberry:The car is reliable, it has made at least 100 passes on the dyno and it has passed the GT_REVVA test
sleepyrz:yea and if he cant get it to break you sure as hell cant

krussure of nubz dreemz Ultrasound Baby Driving
DivisionOne Article Autoblog RR articleFACT THREAD TO Members' Modded Rides TO HORSEPOWER LEADER BOARD
VISIT MY STORE
Dyldopolis
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 11:25 PM

The mr2 is torn apart and primered right now so no pics atm. Ive only got this one pic of the te38 since I've only had it for a couple weeks and haven't worked on it much.

If you look past the ranger and 06 corolla you can just barely make out the very tip of Mt tercel. Lol.

Also, yes the sender worked before the swap

[Edited on 12-2-2017 by Dyldopolis]

1988 2 door sedan 4E-FTE

Go To Top