Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Alternator identification
jkpmp4life
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 27-1-2017 at 11:37 PM
Alternator identification

My alternator is shot and I want to replace it. I contacted two local toyota parts departments and they both couldn't help me figure out which alternator to get.

The only legible part of the information sticker is that it is a Denso unit but the rest has faded or been scratched away. I also know that I do not have a "cold spec" alternator because there is no additional plate and that my car was originally sold in Florida.

I come here for clarity as I want to order the correct alternator and get my car back on the road. If they all have the same connector I would rather opt for a 70 amp unit but I am not sure if this would work.

My car is a 93 tercel with the 3ee and 4 speed manual.

Italianjoe1
Junior TO Member

[*] posted on 28-1-2017 at 07:16 PM

Either will fit. I'd say, get the bigger one and put it on. I've have one lock up and had no choice but to put the other one, because it was sunday and only one was available and I needed the car. I drove it like that for months until I swapped back to the other size. Either will fit on the car though, just move the lower adjustment bracket to fit the one you put on.

Go To Top