Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Flickering/Present Air Bag Warning Light
Bridger987
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 14-11-2016 at 06:33 PM
Flickering/Present Air Bag Warning Light

Hello Tercel People!

For the last couple of years, my '93 Tercel's air bag warning light has been either flickering or present on my instrument cluster. The plastic gears behind my cluster ended up breaking, so I had the cluster replaced... and the light's still on. If I need to pull the bulb or put a little piece of black tape over the light, then so be it... but I'd rather fix it properly if I'm able to.

Does anyone have any idea why might be causing this? I did a search for "air bag light," and did find some people for whom the light was on... but mine goes back and forth between being solid and flickering.

Thanks in advance. :-)

Italianjoe1
Junior TO Member

[*] posted on 14-11-2016 at 09:02 PM

Flickering is odd, that makes it seem like there's a wiring issue.

There's not much to the airbag system in those cars, I've always just removed the light when swapping to a paseo cluster and let it be. I'm not sure where to start on the diagnostic side, there has to be a way to pull codes but I don't know what it is.
mycars12
Junior TO Member

Mood: "do it right or do it twice" –GT_REVVA

[*] posted on 15-11-2016 at 10:53 AM

go to the junkyard and pull a airbag control module thingy(kinda looks like ecu but raised). It has torx screws and it should be located under the radio compartment. Thats how it is on a 5th gen at least but it should be the same. It should solve your light problem.

[Edited on 15-11-2016 by mycars12]

Go To Top