Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: El Chapo
Tercel3EE
TO Member

icon_article.gif posted on 13-1-2016 at 08:40 PM
El Chapo

Hey guys, this is about the second time a post something about my car was told by (117) to make a WIP on my car. So here i am making one, lol:pepper:

Lets get started, I have a 1994 Tercel that my dad got about 3 years ago for about $200. Owner said the engine was bad but turned out to be just a bad head gasket. I started college at Toyota T10 (at the time had a V8 Cadi) so my dad let me have the car so i can drive it to school (40 min drive).

And so my love for the car started when i first saw Sleepercel youtube video on his 4th gen. Fell in love with everything he did to it. Started looking up a bunch of things for the car, such as wanting to boost the 3e (rebuilt before got the car for school) so looked into that.:nono: Pros and cons was all i saw and just gave up after some time looking it up. Then looked into getting a 5efe, but what i really wanted was boost. being in school and having two jobs i kind had no time to work on the car, and didnt want anyone else working on MY car.

Started to read on the 4efte swap, seemed very easy and straight forward. started reading up on what was needed to swap it in etc. Contacted Gt_Revva and so the saving began.:naughty:

After some time the little 3e began to give me problems. I would beat the little engine to 6k every day and every where i went Lol:rotf: After the 3rd head gasket blew i was done with switching the HG so i decided to start looking for a 4efte, called numerous placed here in AZ and no one had it (they asked if it was for a pickup truck lol:haha:)

Began talking to 1sickpaseo, and many others from instagram and started a live group chat on whatsapp. speaking to everyone who had experience with tercel/paseos felt great.

Finally found a 4efte after the car has been parked for about 2 months.

So i shall begin with the pics (sorry for long intro first time i do this lol)

this is when my dad had the car.

found some daisy rims at the junkyard and decided to pick them up and paint them.

after some time with the car i began gathering more things for it. swapped in the DX headlights, paseo sway bar, paseo front and rear seats as well and some rota flashbacks.

Also dropped the car with new KYB schocks and B&G springs 1.6' drop all around.

FORWARD A COUPLE MONTHS LATER...:bananamac:

had the car get painted as well, Imperial Jade Mica from an Mk4 supra :naughty::thumbup:

Also went ahead and ordered the 4efte from ebay from a seller located in canada.

Engine came with everything needed for a complete swap. also came with some goodies that i was sooo lukcy to have gotten.
engine came with TRD spark plug wires and also a JAM racing ECU, and im sure you all know what it does.:bananarock::2thumbsup:

3E out

4efte in

after the engine was in went ahead and sent the 3e and 4e harness to rev, during the wait i decided to check the engine and paint the valve cover aswell.

Couple weeks later rev sent over the harness connected it and started the car. Engine started up very easily and with no hiccups.

at the car wash currently how it sat for a while.

FAST FORWARD A LITTLE :bananamac:

Had some things done to the car such as a clear cam cover, adjustable cam gear, Arm rest, corolla short shifter, put the stock steering wheel back on also, 2core rad gave up and bought a 3core civic rad and put the stock tercel fan/shroud, also got paseo front brake rotors and calipers, Corsa rear garnish shopped from DR, strut bar i got from ebay,TRD racing seat belts(show only) Madrpm also sold me his old ct9 WEPR manifold and Speedvision DownPipe and a new set of rims 15x8 Drags

couple weeks later went to a car meet/event and decided to dyno my car.
Made 132hp and 147trq @ 12psi with stock manifold, downpipe and tmic

forward just a bit..:bananamac:
This is how the car looked about a month ago.

Went to a dyno event to see what my car made with the Manifold and downpipe. Car made 131hp and 137trq at 8psi.

after that just recently went to the drag strip for the first time. went from a 16.9x time to a final run of 15.5 1/4 mile.

fast forward a tad bit..:bananamac: car is sitting in the garage. i had ordered a fmic kit from ebay for a 4efte and havent been able to install it due to the car being my daily. after finally being able to put it into the garage. I decided to work on it installing the fmic. currently this is how the car is sitting.:oops::naughty:

As of now im just waiting for a 2.25 coupler, 2.25-2.50 coupler and a slim fan w/ shroud. so will update here when i have those.

hope you all enjoy the build. i know its a lot but i tried to put 2-3 years of work in here. will slowly update here. cheers to everyone.:pepper::2thumbsup::waving::thanx:
rainmaker9239
όber TO Member

Mood: 25psi Coming Soon!

[*] posted on 14-1-2016 at 07:53 AM

Nice car! Turn up the boost from 8 to 12psi and you should shave close to half a second or more off that 1/4mi.

mycars12
Junior TO Member

Mood: "do it right or do it twice" –GT_REVVA

[*] posted on 14-1-2016 at 01:33 PM

Love the build, I am curious what the offset of the drags are, I had rota flashbacks that were 15x6.5 with 40 offset and they did not clear stock caliper brackets lol
Some spacers helped with that, are you running any?
Tercel GTS
TO Crew

Mood: my MR2 sucks

[*] posted on 14-1-2016 at 01:48 PM

I'm almost pissed off at how nice your car looks. I bet your dad is trippin.

スターレット
Daox
TO Crew

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 14-1-2016 at 02:04 PM

Very nice build. :2thumbsup:

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Tercel3EE
TO Member

[*] posted on 14-1-2016 at 08:30 PM

@rainmaker9239 thx man :lachen:those are the plans, once the fmic is installed wanna see if i can up the boost to 12-13psi. get some better tires (looking into getting nto5) but we will see.

@mycars12 thx dude:lachen: yea when i had the flashback needed spacer up front to even clear the tercel calipers. idk the offset man ill find out soon, and no sir, dont have any spacers at all.

@tercelgts Lol thx man.:haha: and he low key likes my car but dont tell me. hes always saying if the things i put towards the car raises the value? lol

@Daox thx bud, appreciate it:waving:
TO Crew

Mood: playing stupid

[*] posted on 2-2-2016 at 04:13 PM

El chapo slinging a turbo tercel and not just a cartel empire? :deal:

Keep us posted after the catch can install/final coupler coming in... Hopefully that ct9 won't bore you to quickly

Quote: Originally posted by joseph_flynn007  

If it has tags and insurance it will always be a street car. The rest is up to the driver being a vagina or a man. :twocents:

http://www.youtube.com/josephflynn007

(from another forum) Gearheaded: "Ian, stop drinking radiator fluid and eating mushrooms and find jesus"
Tercel3EE
TO Member

[*] posted on 2-2-2016 at 06:45 PM

@117 LOL thats funny man, but yea i will update the WIP and also the chat. heres an update on how the car currently sits as of today.
:pics2:
How the car looks like.:pepper:

And final pic of how the engine is looking. :lachen::smug:
TheDemon
Junior TO Member

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 03:06 AM

Ricky, you need to update this again bro.

- The Demon
94 Paseo 5-speed (WIP)
Tercel3EE
TO Member

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 11:28 PM

Alright so only thing I have done so far was order couple of clamps and an oil catch can. Basically ran ir from valve cover to catch can to turbo inlet.:2thumbsup:

Closer look!:thumbup:
Tercel GTS
TO Crew

Mood: my MR2 sucks

[*] posted on 12-2-2016 at 01:35 PM

You'd rather splice that blue hose on right side and up catch can in there. Running it in front of turbo if any gunk makes it past catch can it'll go inyo turbo compressor and could make the wheel out of balance. An out of balance part that spins more than 20,000 rpm is a self destructor.

スターレット
britishkid1
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 12-2-2016 at 05:57 PM

what type of front lip is on your car. it looks great. suits the car perfectly
Tercel3EE
TO Member

[*] posted on 15-2-2016 at 10:54 PM

@tercel GTS yea that's very true. I might do that but from what I was told this setup should be fine. If I were to out it on the actual PCV valve I'd need a vented Catch Can.

@britishkid1 thank you sir. It's from a volvo 740.
Tercel3EE
TO Member

[*] posted on 14-3-2016 at 08:49 PM

Hey guys so I haven't updated my WIP in a while a lot of things have happened recently. So far I've installed an anti lift kit to reduce the wheel hop. Also installed an HKS adjustable actuator. Aswell as went to 12psi. To top it off I went ahead and got some NT05 205-50/R15 for the front. Reason why I got those was for Import Face Off which was yesterday 3/13/16.

Here's a quick picture of how the engine bay looks as of now. Also got a UR strut bar.

This is how the car sits with the nittos 205-50R15.:pepper:

:oops::haha:

These are the time slips I ran a couple times most of them were consistent but over all I'm good with the time I got. 14.801 isn't too bad I guess lol

Time slip of the best time I got that day.:smug:
josephflynn007
TO Crew

Mood: Most Loved & Hated

[*] posted on 14-3-2016 at 09:55 PM

Very awesome brother!!!

It only gets more addicting from this point on!

1996 Tercel - 5efe/CT9 = Project Parts Car
1993 Tercel - 4efte 151 whp @ 10 psi, 14.18 @ 95 mph --- Now 1zz & C140 Hybrid
1995 Tercel - 4efte powered, 132 whp @ 8psi, 13.90 @ 98.26 mph ---RIP "Most Loved & Hated"

94 Z28 | 09 335i | 79 Malibu
93 Seirra | 04 Srt-4 | 92 Protege DX
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top