Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: '92 tercel 5efhe swap
mycars12
Junior TO Member

Mood: "do it right or do it twice" –GT_REVVA

[*] posted on 10-10-2015 at 06:11 PM

lol android life for me as well, my phone does so many things for me that it would be crazy without it, makes things very convenient.
apple imo is overpriced garbage, I consider apple users "isheep"
estabon23
TO Crew

Mood: mum is the word

[*] posted on 19-10-2015 at 11:22 PM

got the motor dropped off today...:pepper:
also talked to Justin about custom modifying the intake manifold... he's going to look into some material for the project...
started cleaning the engine bay, removing everything to clean & fix rust... minor paint touchups...
gonna clean the engine next, transmission, too... dunno if i will paint it... maybe just the valve cover...

looks like i'mna need a new clutch...:irked:

nothing is true, everything is permissible...
estabon23
TO Crew

[*] posted on 20-10-2015 at 08:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by estabon23  
got the motor dropped off today...:pepper:
also talked to Justin about custom modifying the intake manifold... he's going to look into some material for the project...:deal:
started cleaning the engine bay, removing everything to clean & fix minor rust... minor paint touchups...
gonna clean the engine next, transmission, too... dunno if i will paint it... maybe just the valve cover...

looks like i'mna need a new clutch...:irked:

edit: did more cleaning, pulled the harness/ecu, vacuum canister, brake line brackets...
it had power steering, i want manual... do i just cap off filled lines, or is it better to swap in the manual rack...?
also discovered something interesting... the engine bay on this toyota was painted white... i always thought toyota only painted tercel engine bays that smokey-oily color... who knew...?:lachen:

GT_REVVA
TO Showoff

Mood: when you KNOW you're smarter than someone, don't be afraid to LET THEM KNOW. -my Mom..smartest person I know :deal:

[*] posted on 21-10-2015 at 02:16 PM

Lol.@."smokey-oily color":lachen:

he who knows and, knows he knows...he is a wise man , seek him
he who knows and, knows not he knows....he is asleep, wake him
he who knows not and, knows he knows not...he is a child, teach him
he who knows not and, knows not he knows not...he is a fool, shun him
Mulberry:The car is reliable, it has made at least 100 passes on the dyno and it has passed the GT_REVVA test
sleepyrz:yea and if he cant get it to break you sure as hell cant

krussure of nubz dreemz Ultrasound Baby Driving
DivisionOne Article Autoblog RR articleFACT THREAD TO Members' Modded Rides TO HORSEPOWER LEADER BOARD
VISIT MY STORE
thirdcel
T.O. Patron

Mood: what a feeling...Toyota!

[*] posted on 21-10-2015 at 08:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mycars12  
lol android life for me as well, my phone does so many things for me that it would be crazy without it, makes things very convenient.

Apple is not overpriced garbage. The operating system is designed specifically for the iphone's hardware.
Android is universal, so it has to meet every brand, make, and model, often resulting in an unstable operating system, which figures on countless of random designs with different paths that may not be fit to run the Android OS properly. It's like trying to make Microsoft Windows operate on a crappy motherboard, with a trashy power supply, and cheap memory modules. The reason for the iOS's stability is because the iphone and the OS are made specific and scientific to each other.

iOS phones
-Have smaller MAH batteries, yet they make the most out of life and power management, without sacrificing visuals
-A better Intuitive User Interface, "simplicity"
-A better variety of Apps, "even if you pay for them"
-Android is just 2 milliseconds ago when it comes to playing games than iOS
-The Retina display is like heaven, providing better brightness levels outdoors
-Spend more time enjoying iOS than fixing Android bugs
-Zooming and Scrolling are more precise
-Not much resolution or pixels, but a smarter/faster zooming and focusing camera "taking pictures is enjoyable"
-Memory does not have to be periodically housecleaned by a garbage collector, causing stalls, and slow downs

Of course more can be done with Android, but without argument even in the car life, the ease, precision, management, and driver in mind, all come together with experience that takes careful measures in their designs...and that has a price.

estabon23 good luck with swap :2thumbsup:

mycars12
Junior TO Member

[*] posted on 21-10-2015 at 08:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thirdcel  
Quote: Originally posted by mycars12  

Apple is not overpriced garbage. The operating system is designed specifically for the iphone's hardware.
Android is universal, so it has to meet every brand, make, and model, often resulting in an unstable operating system, which figures on countless of random designs with different paths that may not be fit to run the Android OS properly. It's like trying to make Microsoft Windows operate on a crappy motherboard, with a trashy power supply, and cheap memory modules. The reason for the iOS's stability is because the iphone and the OS are made specific and scientific to each other.

iOS phones
-Have smaller MAH batteries, yet they make the most out of life and power management, without sacrificing visuals
-A better Intuitive User Interface, "simplicity"
-A better variety of Apps, "even if you pay for them"
-Android is just 2 milliseconds ago when it comes to playing games than iOS
-The Retina display is like heaven, providing better brightness levels outdoors
-Spend more time enjoying iOS than fixing Android bugs
-Zooming and Scrolling are more precise
-Not much resolution or pixels, but a smarter/faster zooming and focusing camera "taking pictures is enjoyable"
-Memory does not have to be periodically housecleaned by a garbage collector, causing stalls, and slow downs

Of course more can be done with Android, but without argument even in the car life, the ease, precision, management, and driver in mind, all come together with experience that takes careful measures in their designs...and that has a price.

estabon23 good luck with swap :2thumbsup:

Well, I have been on both sides of the fence and the customization of android is what I personally like.
I truly understand how apple is smooth because one device while android has hundreds like you said, but the point for me is I am all into the coding and rooting community so I dont leave my device stock, I can connect my phone to my car for codes and real time stats which apple cannot. Apple is too simplistic for me. Im not trying to argue but trying to show my view of why I like android over apple, most people like simplicity which is why they pick apple.
The android bugs do get annoying but I mostly squash them myself so nothing to worry about there lol
estabon23
TO Crew

[*] posted on 30-10-2015 at 09:32 PM

now i'm looking to buy an engine stand... gonna start by cleaning off the engine real good, but probably gonna take it apart and rebuild/upgrade... this engine can't be this dirty unless something was leaking or not working right... i just don't feel confident putting a ported, rebuilt turbo on a motor that isn't also rebuilt, maybe ported... and i might get to use the 2mm head gasket & 4e pistons...?
scope creep sux...:irked:

& before anyone asks again, i'll have some pics, soon... engine bay needs a bit more cleaning after the P/S rack comes out...

estabon23
TO Crew

[*] posted on 19-4-2016 at 03:24 PM

bought an engine stand last fall, mounted it up, and started to clean it up...
got the ACIS intake off, getting boxed up for shipping...
soon as i get it superficially cleaned up, i'll test fit the turbo manifold/TD04/DP so i can get the oil lines made... remove the oil pan to drill the oil return, might add an oil cooler... looking for a RRFPR, too...
does the stock subaru TD04 need to be rotated to position the outlet for FMIC...? it looks like it'll be pointed the wrong way... doesn't look like it can be clocked much without interfering with the arm operation...

i changed my hours at work so i'll be starting @ 6-7am, take a 2hr "lunch" @ 10am, then work another 3-4 hours in the early afternoon... i'm working 6-7 days a week at least until end of May... i can never motivate myself to work on either of my tercel projects after work, too tired, so i'll be spending my "lunch" hours midday getting stuff done, as long as i can afford parts...

project moving forward, again...
mycars12
Junior TO Member

[*] posted on 19-4-2016 at 09:26 PM

:clap:
keep us updated with lots of pics lol
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top