Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: '92 tercel 5efhe swap
estabon23
TO Crew

Mood: incomplete

[*] posted on 2-8-2015 at 11:26 PM
'92 tercel 5efhe swap

i finally got the '92 tercel in my hands... i had some $$ troubles last month, but finished paying Justin (Todem76), & got the car delivered to a secure location where most of the work will be done. (my employer has all the tools i need, at my disposal, as long as i clean up any mess i make)
http://board.tercelonline.com/viewthread.php?tid=53325
i still need to go pick up the extra parts and get the 5efhe motor...
Justin was also the previous owner of the 20valver that is my current D/D... i wanted a 2nd tercel/paseo for a D/D while fixing the 20valver up, so this just made sense... i guess they'll both be D/D, depending on my mood, and the weather...
first up: pull the 3e motor out, clean up the engine bay to get ready for the 5efhe...
i'll be leaving the 3e trans/clutch, as i can't afford a new clutch this summer...
wire up the harness, bolt up the exhaust, etc., swap in the 3xcore radiator, relocate the battery to the trunk(?)
but most important, get it all running & registered before the snow falls...
after i drive it n/a for a while, i plan to add a TD04 turbo, 440cc injectors, FMIC, EBC@10+psi, and rebuild/swap in the 5efhe's transmission with a helical LSD, light flywheel, & better clutch... but all those mod will cost me more than i can afford right now... i need to save up $1-2k...

i'm gonna try to update this thread at least once a week with progressions... i need to do my part to make this forum more active & interesting...

i'm sorry i haven't be around much in the last few years...
TheExtra
TO Member

Mood: Cold

[*] posted on 3-8-2015 at 09:40 AM

Always love to see a 4G tercel get a better motor. Good luck on your swap.

josephflynn007
TO Crew

Mood: Woke up in between memory and a dream

[*] posted on 3-8-2015 at 11:35 AM

Good luck.

1996 Tercel - Stock - Also junk.
1997 Tercel - 4efte powered - Junk
1993 Tercel - 4efte powered, 151 whp @ 10 psi, 14.18 @ 95 mph --- TERMINATED
1995 Tercel - 4efte powered, 132 whp @ 8psi, 13.90 @ 98.26 mph ---RIP Most Loved & Hated

Go To Top