Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ARP 3" lug studs for Paseo/Tercels
Doug904
Junior TO Member

Mood: I love my ginger wife!

[*] posted on 11-9-2013 at 09:37 PM
ARP 3" lug studs for Paseo/Tercels

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago a friend from this board called me and we tried to figure what ARP lug studs would work with our cars. I ordered the 86-89 Celica GTS. I tried them tonight, they were a no go. The shoulder on studs were too large and they were only 2.3" long.

So I went back to our ARP board and found a set that were 3" long but measured closer to the factory lug stud. Sure enough they work!! They are a little tricky to install but nothing really, I simply got them in the hub and pulled them up using a lugnut and spacer.

The problem with these is that they are sold in kits of 5, which kinda sucks for us since we only need 16. The part thats even worse is they sell for $36 a set which would put us out $144 and four studs left over :blah:

I was able to go into our ARP ordering system and get a single price on them and then put together a 8 piece and 16 piece set. I'll put them on our supporting vendor page, so here's the photos..

EVERYTHING works without any drilling or spacing of anything. I simply installed the studs and reassembled the brakes. I had to cut the heads off the lug nuts because of my wheels, I'll just get some new lugs so please excuse the rough looks nuts.

Before....

Doug

[Edited on 12-9-2013 by Doug904]

93' Turbo Paseo
Feb 97' Turbo and Hi-perf featured

Automotive Calibration Engineer for more the 15 years
http://www.S197tuning.com

My WIP thread..:)

http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/Doug90444/library/paseo
King-dingaling
TO Member

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 06:34 AM

I WOULD HAVE TO DESAGREE AND AGREE TO SOME STUFF HERE,
I HAVE INSTALL IN 3 DIFFERENT TERCEL THE ARP #100-7718 WHICH IS THE 86-89 CELICA STUDS. AND EVERYTIME THEY WORK PERFECT . NO MORE THAT 10 MINUTES TO INSTALL THE FRONT ONES(8).
EVEN IF YOU GO TO AUTOZONE PAGE AND YOU PULL THE PART NUMBER FOR THE 92 PASEO STUD AND THE 86 CELICA STUD THEY SHARE THE SAME PART NUMBER , SO THEY WILL FIT NO PROBLEM FROM ONE OR THE OTHER.
YES ON THE ARP SPECS THE KNURL DIAMETER IS .005 BIGGER WHICH IS NOTHING, AND IF YOU USE THE CORRECT TOOL TO INSTALL THEY GO IN LIKE BUTTER (WHEEL STUD INSTALLER).
AND YES I AGREE THAT THE ARP #100-7718 ARE 2.5 INCHES OVERALL LENGHT BUT THEY ARE PLENTY OF LENGHT FOR ANY PURPOSE YOU MAY NEED.
NOT TRYING TO START A FITGH BUT I HAVE PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE WITH THESE SO I CAN SPEAK TRUE.
King-dingaling
TO Member

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 07:59 AM

Making clear .... His set up is better pricing and quantity . Not arguing with that. If I didn't have mine already I would get a set from him with out thinking about it.... Good stuff
Paseobeater
Junior TO Member

Mood: Red Paseo Trac car

[*] posted on 21-10-2013 at 01:30 AM

the thing you need is lancer evo8 studs they press in just fine! That's what i'm running on my track bitch

Put your wheels up in the air
britishkid1
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 22-3-2015 at 04:57 PM

Do the celica arp's work for the rear drum system in the tercel as well. I'm assuming yes

Go To Top