Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9
Author: Subject: 1994 Tercel - 3EE Engine Rebuild (Redo on the head, to correct machine shop error.)
tad
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 8-3-2013 at 02:43 PM

If you're already at 3000km and are not burning oil, then your break-in should be well completed. I would be changing out the filter and oil and proceed with normal change intervals.

These cars came from the factory with only a couple of miles on them... 500 miles (800km) is the Toyota-specified break-in period, which should be very conservative. The biggest issue isn't even the rings, it's the cam; you really don't want to be driving at a steady RPM in the first few hundred miles because that causes flat spots on the cam and rollers that will really mess up your emissions and screw with the valvetrain. Rings for the most part are fine unless you redline it out of the dealer parking lot and glaze the walls.
JMTech
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 19-8-2013 at 05:57 PM

ty and great job with pics.
ChakaRaka
όber TO Member

[*] posted on 19-8-2013 at 06:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JMTech  
ty and great job with pics.

Thank you. I am glad this helps some of you new guys.

:2thumbsup:

infinitime
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 31-12-2016 at 01:08 AM

Reviving an old thread....

My beloved Tercel, which has gone a good 20,000km on its rebuilt 3E-E, came to an untimely demise when it was struck while parked. The car is still driveable, but I fear that the damage to the sheet metal is too much to be repaired, and that the insurance company will want to just write-off the otherwise mechanically perfect car.

Quick question for those in the know, how much do you think it would cost in labour, if I was to pay a shop to transplant the 3e-e and accompanying automatic, into another 4th-gen Tercel? Ones in cosmetically excellent shape but with burnt out motors, seem to pop up regularly on Craigslist.

Also, would it be THAT much more involved, if I attempted to implant the 3e-e into a 5th-gen Tercel, or a Paseo (of either generations?)?

ChakaRaka, if you are still on this forum, I would greatly value your input!
Daox
TO Crew

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 10:35 AM

I'd estimate 500-1000 to have them swap the engine over.

I wouldn't bother putting it in a 5th gen or 2nd gen Paseo. A 1st gen Paseo would be not too much work.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9

Go To Top