Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: "TOGA" (not TODA) High Volume oil pumps... beware?
Dzaster
TO Patron
*******


Avatar


Posts: 5583
Registered: 1-10-2007
Location: Kailua Kona, HI
Member Is Offline

Mood: Bwoop......... Bwooooooooooooop ..........Bwooooop

[*] posted on 27-9-2010 at 11:16 PM


I'm pretty sure so a few of the other premier built 5e's on here are running this oil pump. Should ask these guys their opinion. Maybe the reason Wheeler keeps getting leakage around that area.



View user's profile View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Wheeler
TO Crew
******




Posts: 2247
Registered: 13-3-2005
Location: uPsIdE dOwN InSiDe OuT
Member Is Offline

Mood: Go BIG or Go HOME!!

[*] posted on 27-9-2010 at 11:51 PM


Quote:
Originally posted by Dzaster
I'm pretty sure so a few of the other premier built 5e's on here are running this oil pump. Should ask these guys their opinion. Maybe the reason Wheeler keeps getting leakage around that area.



Ahh gawd....... don't get me going on that again. IT started leaking AGAIN! Only 100miles after resealing it!.

I purchased mine from importperformance.

I never did measure anything. It came in the TOGA box?!?! That means jack though. I'll be checking mine out to see if anything was ground off or not.

Do you guys actually torque the pump on?? I never have, which I believe is my downfall!!!! I think that is my prob. I've changed out o-rings and all.

This doesn't surprise me that knock offs are out there. Buyer beware.

[Edited on 28-9-2010 by Wheeler]




View user's profile View All Posts By User
Dzaster
TO Patron
*******


Avatar


Posts: 5583
Registered: 1-10-2007
Location: Kailua Kona, HI
Member Is Offline

Mood: Bwoop......... Bwooooooooooooop ..........Bwooooop

[*] posted on 28-9-2010 at 12:42 AM


I torqued everything to spec on my initial rebuild J, I just had the time and space(motor on bench) to do it, so I did.

But does TODA make an e-series oil pump? I kinda thought I linked one up here once before, but am not sure if G or D.:dunno:

[Edited on 9-28-2010 by Dzaster]




View user's profile View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Throttler
όber TO Member
*****




Posts: 1144
Registered: 26-5-2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Member Is Offline

Mood: Deluged with semi finished sh it

[*] posted on 28-9-2010 at 08:13 AM


Also, one other thing I noticed is that the Toga (that is the name on the box, which I also have pics of, just not yet in photobucket) does not have a o-ring groove around the oil pump, like the stock 5efhe oil pump does. Needless to say I am concerned about leakage...

I did torque it to 65in-lbs, and used RTV all over the place. I have pics that I will post up as a generic oil pump install DIY soon.




92 Paseo WIP

Quote:
posted on another forum
...but point being, its a tercel. not meant to be fast, or to be an integra.


:haha:
View user's profile View All Posts By User
drift_ae86_91
όber TO Member
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1457
Registered: 16-6-2008
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada
Member Is Offline

Mood: Come soon Spring!

[*] posted on 28-9-2010 at 04:08 PM


The oil pump doesn't have the groove for the o-ring because it's an EP91 oil pump.

Toyota switched to the non-grooved oil pump on the EP91 4E's for some reason. The oil pump o-ring groove is on the block instead

So my EP82 is actually a EP91 block with EP82 internals. Just found that out last week..


information pertaining to said subject can be seen here.

http://www.austarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4891&pi...

[Edited on 28-9-2010 by drift_ae86_91]





View user's profile View All Posts By User
Dzaster
TO Patron
*******


Avatar


Posts: 5583
Registered: 1-10-2007
Location: Kailua Kona, HI
Member Is Offline

Mood: Bwoop......... Bwooooooooooooop ..........Bwooooop

[*] posted on 29-9-2010 at 01:06 AM


Quote:
Originally posted by Throttler
Also, one other thing I noticed is that the Toga (that is the name on the box, which I also have pics of, just not yet in photobucket) does not have a o-ring groove around the oil pump, like the stock 5efhe oil pump does. Needless to say I am concerned about leakage...

Perhaps something for Wheeler to take note the next time he has the pump off.:lachen:




View user's profile View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Throttler
όber TO Member
*****




Posts: 1144
Registered: 26-5-2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Member Is Offline

Mood: Deluged with semi finished sh it

[*] posted on 29-9-2010 at 11:36 AM


Quote:
Originally posted by drift_ae86_91
The oil pump doesn't have the groove for the o-ring because it's an EP91 oil pump.

Toyota switched to the non-grooved oil pump on the EP91 4E's for some reason. The oil pump o-ring groove is on the block instead

So my EP82 is actually a EP91 block with EP82 internals. Just found that out last week..


information pertaining to said subject can be seen here.

http://www.austarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4891&pi...

[Edited on 28-9-2010 by drift_ae86_91]


I haven't looked at the link yet, but now Im triple concerned about this oil pumps ability to retain oil...I do have to say I am trying to use a 2nd gen 5efe oil pump on a 1st gen 5efhe block...why you ask? I want the bracket for the stock crank speed VR sensor that is only on the 2nd gen oil pump.




92 Paseo WIP

Quote:
posted on another forum
...but point being, its a tercel. not meant to be fast, or to be an integra.


:haha:
View user's profile View All Posts By User
Dzaster
TO Patron
*******


Avatar


Posts: 5583
Registered: 1-10-2007
Location: Kailua Kona, HI
Member Is Offline

Mood: Bwoop......... Bwooooooooooooop ..........Bwooooop

[*] posted on 30-9-2010 at 02:57 AM


I'd think you could do that. Aren't 5efe blocks essentially the same? And VR sensor you talking about the crank position sensor?

If so, I'll hafts dig up some pics as my oilpump has provisions for the crank sensor but most other attributes of a 1st gen 5efe. I guess mainly I needs
look for the oil pump and it's receiving end o
the block.

I'll try to remember to look when I get home.




View user's profile View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
RealityEDS
Junior TO Member
***




Posts: 475
Registered: 27-5-2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Member Is Offline

Mood: BYP RULZ

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 11:29 AM


sorry to hear about the rip off Al, I was eyeballing them too a while back and got confused with the Toda and Toga thing...

but I really like my Sorny Walkman
and Panasornic DVD player

:hand:

I'm not making light of it, just sad really. BTW, when did you paint your Terc? I'm a little lazy lately with keeping up with TO
View user's profile View All Posts By User
Throttler
όber TO Member
*****




Posts: 1144
Registered: 26-5-2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Member Is Offline

Mood: Deluged with semi finished sh it

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 01:36 PM


Quote:
Originally posted by Dzaster
I'd think you could do that. Aren't 5efe blocks essentially the same? And VR sensor you talking about the crank position sensor?

If so, I'll hafts dig up some pics as my oilpump has provisions for the crank sensor but most other attributes of a 1st gen 5efe. I guess mainly I needs
look for the oil pump and it's receiving end o
the block.

I'll try to remember to look when I get home.


You didn't remember :weeping: ...or you are on a very long trip...

yes sorry VR sensor...variable relunctance = position/speed sensor...

I was going to start another thread on a DIY oil pump install and detail the differences I found b/w the 1st gen and 2nd gen pumps. There are 2 differences b/w the 1st gen and 2nd gen pumps, the missing o-ring groove in the pump housing and one of the bolt holes does not match up.




92 Paseo WIP

Quote:
posted on another forum
...but point being, its a tercel. not meant to be fast, or to be an integra.


:haha:
View user's profile View All Posts By User
alfradio
TO Patron & MVP
******


Avatar


Posts: 3021
Registered: 26-7-2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Member Is Offline

Mood: Indigo

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 02:33 PM


Quote:
Originally posted by RealityEDS
sorry to hear about the rip off Al, I was eyeballing them too a while
back and got confused with the Toda and Toga thing...

but I really like my Sorny Walkmanand Panasornic DVD player

:hand:

I'm not making light of it, just sad really. BTW, when did you paint
your Terc? I'm a little lazy lately with keeping up with TO


It wasn't me that got burnt by the TOGA... and TERCEL1 was
painted over this past winter!

alf




View user's profile View All Posts By User
madRPM
TO Patron
Thread Moved
3-10-2011 at 10:46 AM
madRPM
TO Patron
Thread Topped
3-10-2011 at 10:46 AM
 Pages:  1  2

  Go To Top

Powered by XMB 1.9.11
XMB Forum Software © 2001-2010 The XMB Group