Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Brake Master Cylinder Brace
Daox
TO Crew

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 18-12-2007 at 09:07 PM
Brake Master Cylinder Brace

Brake Master Cylinder Brace

The brake master cylinder brace is just that. It is a brace that prevents the brake master cylinder from moving under hard braking. When braking hard under normal conditions the car's firewall will flex and bend with the extreme pressure of pressing on the brake pedal. The brake master cylinder brace reduces this flexing. The end result is that you get a firmer brake pedal and better brake feel.
The brake master cylinder brace is designed to be mounted on the airbox mounting tray. If you do not have one of these trays in your car (my 1997 Paseo did not have one) you will need to acquire one. I recommend calling up your local salvage yard. It shouldn't be very expensive.
For instructions on how to install one of these braces please read the article Brake Master Cylinder Brace Installation.
For more information about the creation of this product see the Brake Master Cylinder Brace project development page. Please email me if you have any further questions.

The price is $65 per brace. The kit includes the brace and all needed hardware to mount it (minus the airbox tray). They are avaliable painted in black, red, and blue. I have applications to cover the following chassis:

- 1991 - 1994 Tercel

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Daox
TO Crew

[*] posted on 18-12-2007 at 09:07 PM

Hello, and yes they are now for sale. So, this is how we're going to do things. I will be taking preorders for the braces. I'll generate a list and post it in this post, so keep an eye on it as I'll be updating it as I get orders. The orders will be shipped in the same order as they were recieved. Once I make it to your name on the list I'll contact you to finalize shipping costs and request payment. If someone fails to reply in a reasonable amount of time I'll simply move on to the next person. I'll take preorders in any form (email, u2u, post here).

I haven't gotten any pictures from anyone on the 95+ Tercels and the 1st gen Paseo. The brace will physically fit on the car, but I can't say what'll happen to your wire harness in time. If you secure it good, I'm sure where won't be a problem. But, until then I am only recommending these for 91-94 Tercels. If you want one for your Paseo or 95+ Tercel that is fine, but you have been warned.

Waiting list
Paseobeater
estabon23
94Tercel

[Edited on 30-11-2009 by Daox]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
airswoosh1
TO Patron

Mood: 4EFTE Corsa

[*] posted on 18-12-2007 at 09:33 PM

Please put me on the pre-order list. I'll take 1 for now and probably be ordering a second later.

ugabuga
TO Patron

[*] posted on 18-12-2007 at 11:23 PM

do u have anything for us guys with battery trays cut off?

2004 Mazda Rx-8 (6 speed) - stock
airswoosh1
TO Patron

Mood: 4EFTE Corsa

[*] posted on 19-12-2007 at 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ugabuga

The airbox bracket bolts to the chassis with three bolts, only one is on the battery tray piece. Might still hold strong enough. :dunno:

Daox
TO Crew

[*] posted on 19-12-2007 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ugabuga

Not at this point. I'll be looking into it at a later time though.

Daox
TO Crew

[*] posted on 21-12-2007 at 07:36 AM

If you guys who said you wanted one are still interested I'd appreciate it if you messaged me. I'll have some time off during the Christmas break and I'll be using at least some of it to make braces if I have orders.

Paseobeater
Junior TO Member

Mood: Red Paseo Trac car

[*] posted on 9-1-2008 at 12:40 AM

I need 1 :bump: color... i don't car put it black the cheapest way to go!:thanx:

Put your wheels up in the air
96seoDD
TO Newbie

[*] posted on 2-4-2016 at 10:24 AM

I have a second gen paseo and would love to have one of these however I still have the stock airbox and everything installed that won't interfere Will it? Longer bolts maybe? Also the picture isn't showing for me is there anyway it can be sent to me or have the problem fixed I'm a serious buyer.

Go To Top