A Car: Kitt, as the hecklers call it!

Dzaster - 24-11-2009 at 05:24 AM

Hmmmmm..................weird.

Where to begin. Got it!

Car before(not actually mine, borrowed from another member, but my car was pretty much exact as this when driven off the car lot):

Car now:

Interior:

Suspension/handling:

Glanza rear disk brakes:

3ee :yikes::

I considered it on the 3ee:dunno:.

Stock JDM 5efe:

Boosted 5efe:

5efe rebuild:

Loaded with DIS 5efe no-crown pistons and FHE type thick rods.

Rebuilt me turbo. Port and Polish:

Best high heat paint I've used to date.

Profec E-01 Electronic Boost Controller:

HERE's a thread discussing the profec E-01. a thread discussing the Profec E-01.

HERE's a thread discussing the Emanage Blue.

And HERE you can download a compilation of PDF's, Word Docs, software, etc. of stuff pertaining to some GReddy items that I've gathered and formulated over time--mostly Emanage Blue and the Profec E-01.

Alky/water injected and triggered by Emanage Blue(hack style:naughty:)

My work bench while working on the 4efte harness. Recently converted to 4efte electronics--ECU, harness, distributor, coil, MAP sensor, TPS, and knock sensor.

The finish product.

4efe manifold and Camry throttle body:

Intercooler Sprayer:

Detonation/knock listening device:

Next on the list, upgrade drivetrain. So far I have the following.

ACT Clutch kit:

SpeedSource clutch slave cylinder extended push rod:

5efe AASCO lightweight flywheel:

[Edited on 11-25-2009 by Dzaster]

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by Dzaster]

riko666 - 24-11-2009 at 06:01 AM

I don't geddit, why you start again crackahJack? You know how much I like your sexy......progress :naughty: :bananarock:

[Edited on 24-11-2009 by riko666]

kennymp3 - 24-11-2009 at 06:03 AM

Me likes mister:bananarock:

GA noob - 24-11-2009 at 10:44 AM

man where did you get that push rod i think that what i need to.

oh and the intercooler spray system FTW

glad to see this thread up :2thumbsup:

4agetercel - 24-11-2009 at 10:47 AM

round 2's lookin good so far don

5efhe-Tercel - 24-11-2009 at 06:53 PM

Wow!!!!:yikes:

Great car!!!!:2thumbsup:

Ken

[Edited on 24-11-2009 by 4EFTE-Tercel]

riko666 - 24-11-2009 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GA noob

Speedsource.net

I've been wanting to buy one for ages, better let me know what its like if you know what's good for you Dizzo! :irked:

:oops:

kennymp3 - 24-11-2009 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by riko666
Quote:
Originally posted by GA noob

Speedsource.net

I've been wanting to buy one for ages, better let me know what its like if you know what's good for you Dizzo! :irked:

:oops:

Yeah Im with Riko on this, let us know how that extended push rod works out for you.:crossfingers:

GraphiteTercel - 24-11-2009 at 09:10 PM

Looks good!!!!

cdnred99 - 24-11-2009 at 10:15 PM

slick!!

92terseo - 26-11-2009 at 07:55 PM

I don't know if this applies to these cars but on DSM's (Talons, Eclipses and Lasers) the pedal assembly wears out and that's why some people use those extended rods. I kept having problems so I tried the rod and it worked for awhile until it just wore out more. Had to pull it out from under the dash and have it welded together instead of just bolted together. Like I said, I don't know if it applies to Tercels/Paseos but it's worth looking into. People with higher pedel pressure clutches will have this problem more as it wears out the assembly faster.

4agetercel - 26-11-2009 at 07:59 PM

hey don,
if you changed the cam gear to 4e, would you still have to mad advance the dizzy?

92terseo - 26-11-2009 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 92terseo
I don't know if this applies to these cars but on DSM's (Talons, Eclipses and Lasers) the pedal assembly wears out and that's why some people use those extended rods. I kept having problems so I tried the rod and it worked for awhile until it just wore out more. Had to pull it out from under the dash and have it welded together instead of just bolted together. Like I said, I don't know if it applies to Tercels/Paseos but it's worth looking into. People with higher pedel pressure clutches will have this problem more as it wears out the assembly faster.

So I just went out and looked at my pedal assembly. Yeah, nothing I said applies to these cars. Forget I said anything...

Dzaster - 28-11-2009 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4agetercel
hey don,
if you changed the cam gear to 4e, would you still have to mad advance the dizzy?

Huh, IDK. That's a thought. Might be a little to much "dial" to it though. And its actually retarded. When I just put the dizzy mid way(like the 5efe dizzy) the timing was off the chart advanced so I had to dial it back.

It's actually fine the way it is and there is prolly room to bring it back a few more degrees if need be.

Good idea though!:2thumbsup:

92terseo, good looking out, with the correction and all.:2thumbsup:

My only update is I woke up for work this morning and the car didn't start:thumbdown:. So far I know there is fuel to the FPR. Never checked anything else. Too early to be firing up the car. Hopefully nothing major. It was running perfect last night. :dunno:

Update: I wiggled the large 26 pin ECU plug and it started. Went back to look at it and it wasn't snapped all the way in. Hopefully that's all it is/was.:blah:

[Edited on 11-28-2009 by Dzaster]

riko666 - 28-11-2009 at 02:27 PM

I fixed it to you, was the ECU plug

Where's mah money

Dzaster - 28-11-2009 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
I fixed it to you, was the ECU plug

Where's mah money

I will never pay you.:oops::rotf:

Dzaster - 30-11-2009 at 01:28 AM

Gots me a new NRG Adustable FPR with liquid filled gauge.

And installed a 170* t-stat.

EL42GPTurbo - 30-11-2009 at 02:06 AM

wow nice FPR! where did u get that!?

4agetercel - 30-11-2009 at 04:37 PM

so youre lowering the operating temp of the engine in the hopes of?

keeping the engine cooler

GA noob - 30-11-2009 at 04:42 PM

hey dizaster not trying to jack your thread but i put in my 3e therm to my 4e and now i run cold as hell like a half inch if that off the bottom of the temp gauge and i think its accurate:dunno:

4agetercel - 30-11-2009 at 04:47 PM

then your thermostat isnt operating correctly, it may have been working in the 3ee but after you took it out you may have damaged it

ChristTheGreat - 30-11-2009 at 07:02 PM

damn I would like to have a roof top me too xD

I really love your car :2thumbsup:

chrisagrant - 30-11-2009 at 10:48 PM

ill have to make a trip out to Hawaii to bring you your cake and drive your car ;)

Dzaster - 1-12-2009 at 12:39 AM

Yeah just to keep it cooler. I ran with drilled t-stat and it took a while to warm up and in the mornings when I finally got the car up to temp I would bomb a large hill and by the time I get to teh bottom it was cold again. I know ugabuga runs one of these 170* t-stats and he assured me warmup time was the same as the 180*, but it just opens earlier. Both are true. Turbo cars run a tad warmer so its just good measure.

ChrisTtheGreat eBay special man. $52 and little over a half day of work. Took me longest to figure out what tool I wanted to use. Jigsaw FTW!:bananarock:

And I've been playing with the Profec E-01 and tuning with the Emanage Blue and things have been decent thus far. Today I street tuned to ~12psi.

All the readings on the right correspond to the GREEN line plotted on the graph.

The PINK box on the right 2.25V is boost. Just needs to be converted. That is equivalent to a tad over 12psi.

The BLUE box is the Injector Duty cycle as its plainly described there--only 57% with 330cc injectors on a 1.5l at 12psi, and 11.8AFR on the wideband(somewhat rich). That ain't too bad. Still room on these injectors. However, that is due to this next detail.

And that last GREY(sorry no grey color font), Aux. Signal Output, that is generally for the control of VTEC on Honda's obviously. However, I did some poking around in the Emanage and its functions and found that I could use the VTEC map to operate my alcohol injection. This is the map here.

Its basically an on/off. I can change the RPM vs Boost in which it comes on.

[Edited on 12-1-2009 by Dzaster]

Dzaster - 1-12-2009 at 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisagrant
ill have to make a trip out to Hawaii to bring you your cake and drive your car ;)

You better bring yours so I can beat on it like I know you'll wanna beat on mine. Sounds funny.:haha:

Here's a little vid of a datalog with the Profec E-01 playback feature. Seen 12.3psi and I have my warning set for 12.5psi.:dunce: Oh and there is no sound so don't go blasting your stuff. The datalog doesn't recreate RPM sound as well. Sowie!:lachen:

[Edited on 12-1-2009 by Dzaster]

crackedoutducky - 1-12-2009 at 06:34 AM

I was wondering...can you give us an example of how you used that detonation device that you have geek'd up ?

I am interested in that...

do you just plug it into where the knock sensor goes, and listen ?

Rob -

ChristTheGreat - 1-12-2009 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
ChrisTtheGreat eBay special man. $52 and little over a half day of work. Took me longest to figure out what tool I wanted to use. Jigsaw FTW!

Well, I couldn't do it my self, I'm sure I would destroy my roof lol. Would cost me more than 52$ .

I should get an old terc for like 100$ and try it on this one xD

Dzaster - 1-12-2009 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crackedoutducky
I was wondering...can you give us an example of how you used that detonation device that you have geek'd up ?

I am interested in that...

do you just plug it into where the knock sensor goes, and listen ?

Rob -

It doesn't tie into the knock sensor. I wouldn't mess much with a knock sensor that is still feeding signal to ECU.

Basically, it clips to the block--back of block somewhere around/below intake manifold--and you just listen. What for? IDK.:dunno::lachen:

Nah, I think knock will be obvious. You can hear the motor and ticking from the injectors and what not, but I've not heard knock before so not entire sure. I know mulberry suggested it would sound like "nuts and bolts in a tin can". Sorry mul if I messed that up.:lachen: Something like that though.

Its just a microphone that pics up engine noise.

ruggiero06 - 2-12-2009 at 07:46 PM

looking good man...self built, self wired, and self tuned too...extra brownie points for that.

im going the DIY route on everything but machine work obviously. i think im gonna self tune it for the break-in period in low boost...then get it dynoed tuned to 12-15 psi. im too scared to self tune it to max power.

hope u can help me out on my tune when shes up in running in january

your the man lol

Triggering Methanol/Water Injection w/ EMB

Dzaster - 3-12-2009 at 02:05 AM

So I like to share how "Kitt" runs a methanol injection kit.:smug:

Not sure if i shared the specifics of my adventure with EMB and Alcohol/Water injection. Anyways, here goes.

Can the EMB be used to trigger alcohol injection and perhaps other such devices for similar use--umm ACIS maybe?:dunno:

YES, it can.:naughty: No need for anything optional to be purchased with the EMB--i.e. GReddy Multi Switching System. All needed was EMB and a basic Coolingmist Stage 1 Alcohol Injection Kit.

All I did for wiring was delete the Hobbs pressure switch that comes with the alky injection kit. The pressure switch opened/closed the 12V that triggers the alcohol injection kit's relay--pretty sure most alcohol kits come with a relay.

Then I took the VTEC Solenoid Wire(LIGHT BLUE, pin #8, to sensor) from the EMB and ran it to the alky kit's relay--like ND Neon Guy from DIYTuning.com has put together.

Also to be noted, the output signal is ~5V. I may have seen 6, but no matter as it seems to be enough to trigger the relay. The EMB pinouts can be found HERE

We're not quite done yet with the hardware manipulation. We still need to check that the jumper for VTEC is enabled. I vaguely remember what I did, but I'm pretty sure I enabled jumpers JP4 and JP7 to both jump pins 1-2. This should allow for full use of the VTEC function. Oops! I mean.........alcohol/water injection.

Now that it's wired up you'll need to go into the GReddy Support Tool software. Go to Parameter Settings and enable Auxiliary Output Setting.

You should now have the option of selecting to open the VTEC map just like you would any of the other maps.

Upon clicking that you will see a little 4x4 VTEC map.

Now how it works.

The portion of the map outlined in GREEN is like the other maps. This is your variables/map ranges--RPM vs Greddy Pressure sensor, TPS, etc.

The portion outlined in PURPLE IS set in stone as much as I could get out of it. Again, it cannot be changed, so you'll have to jog around your map ranges values(RPM vs psi, etc.) to accommodate for this fixed mapping.

However, the RED is something I have yet to implement, but I plan to my on next day of testing. Apparently you can alter the Airflow Adjustment to either add fuel or remove. Obviously it would be better to add fuel in the Additional Injector Map, but if you have to remove fuel, like me, then I believe entering a negative value in this box will result in the removal of that fuel value once the injection kicks in.. I'm thinking/hoping it will be across the board--i.e. as long as its "ON". It really doesn't matter since removing fuel with EMB is only done by altering of airflow sensor signal(MAP, MAF, etc.)

And lastly, here are some sample images of it working.

Alcohol injection OFF:

Alcohol injection ON:

On the right of the "OFF" plot/line, and on the left of the "ON" plot line in those images, you'll see the gray narrow line. That is the alcohol injection plotted on the datalogged graph. It'll either be all the way up or all the way down--ON/OFF.

And duders, it's pretty friggin' shweet!:bananarock:

[Edited on 12-3-2009 by Dzaster]

kennymp3 - 3-12-2009 at 02:48 AM

Don........you too smart you:deal:
Greddy support techs got nothing on you sir:oops:

Gonna have to get you a plane ticket to WA to figure
out my mess:bah:

nitrousgirl - 3-12-2009 at 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kennymp3
Don........you too smart you:deal:

Yeah! Don's almost too smart for his own good! :rotf:

Dzaster - 3-12-2009 at 03:25 AM

Yeah those guys never called me back yesterday nor called me back today. Seems like they are short on staff or guys that evern know there products. I will try once more tommorrow if not it's poking around I go with the DMM.

As far as trip, my sister and fam in Federal Way:naughty: Love to come visit and tinker in your shop. It's been a couple years since I've been up there but I'll be back as her husband gets us standby tickets and he just got clearence to go back work. Soon my mans, soon.:2thumbsup:

Matt87 - 3-12-2009 at 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ruggiero06
looking good man...self built, self wired, and self tuned too...extra brownie points for that.

im going the DIY route on everything but machine work obviously. i think im gonna self tune it for the break-in period in low boost...then get it dynoed tuned to 12-15 psi. im too scared to self tune it to max power.

hope u can help me out on my tune when shes up in running in january

your the man lol

Don knows whats up. He helped me out a lot.

GA noob - 3-12-2009 at 04:40 PM

don you need to go on tour over here in the 48
all of us wanna say whats up. :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

ruggiero06 - 5-12-2009 at 04:08 PM

so i can use emb to control my acis mani?

GT_REVVA - 5-12-2009 at 04:53 PM

you can use it to control your boost if you want to..:deal:

Dzaster - 5-12-2009 at 05:28 PM

Hmmmm, as in the solenoid? Stock solenoid/VSV would work? Interesting...........but we like the E-01.:naughty: Yes we as in U-N-I, "U-N-I-T-Y that's a UNITY!" However, nice little intel for those with EMB and no boost controller. Somebody try it.

Dzaster - 5-12-2009 at 05:30 PM

Quote:

I'm sure it could if a simple RPM on/off device can do it. This way you could do it RPM vs a number of other variables.

ruggiero06 - 5-12-2009 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dzaster
Quote:

I'm sure it could if a simple RPM on/off device can do it. This way you could do it RPM vs a number of other variables.

isnt that exactly what the Vtec controller in emb is?

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by ruggiero06]

GT_REVVA - 5-12-2009 at 05:38 PM

of course...you know E01 pwns :smug::deal:

but, if them guys wanna just get a solenoid (i don't see why a stock type vsv wouldn't work:dunno:) , hook it up to one of those additional injector channels and, just 'make a map' for that sucker..it's a wrap!

it's no E01 but, i'm sure it'll work better than an EGAY mbc.

btw, i haven't tried this...this is just my brain taking a break from preparing for my Algebra homework.:lachen:

Dzaster - 5-12-2009 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GT_REVVA
of course...you know E01 pwns :smug::deal:

but, if them guys wanna just get a solenoid (i don't see why a stock type vsv wouldn't work:dunno:) , hook it up to one of those additional injector channels and, just 'make a map' for that sucker..it's a wrap!

it's no E01 but, i'm sure it'll work better than an EGAY mbc.

btw, i haven't tried this...this is just my brain taking a break from preparing for my Algebra homework.:lachen:

:yikes: And that's why you YOU foo! That ish would totally work. You can adjust duty cycle to pulse it to be like "gain"--keep the boost curve nice and up once max boost is reached. Only thing, and this is minor as it would work still, the Sub-injector output is negative/ground type signal. Just for the record if anyone does it, they would have that bit of info.

I actually tried to use the sub-injector for the alky injection but even at 100% duty cycle it just pulsed really fast like a happy jack rabbit.:bah: That was the way I really wanted it for the full scale 16x16 map. And running water through a fuel injector is not the best idea, but I did consider and research it.

Awesome!:2thumbsup: Now someone sticky this.:lachen:

GT_REVVA - 5-12-2009 at 06:09 PM

yeah so you'd just have constant 12v+ to the solenoid and then 'pulse' the negative with the AIC..:2thumbsup:

it could work..:lachen:

Dzaster - 5-12-2009 at 11:29 PM

I'm certain that'll work. And you can datalog it as well. Hmmm........who can we get to experimetn this.

drift_ae86_91 - 6-12-2009 at 12:42 AM

Is it just me, or does it seem like Don's brain is more powerful than GT_revva's!?

You guys are crazy, i wish to one day be that smart to do such stuff.

Tercel5efe93 - 6-12-2009 at 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drift_ae86_91
Is it just me, or does it seem like Don's brain is more powerful than GT_revva's!?

Not true don's brain runs at 12 psi gt revva's runs at 28psi :deal:

Search button son!!

Dzaster - 6-12-2009 at 01:46 AM

:nono: drift

GraphiteTercel - 6-12-2009 at 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4speedsleeper
Quote:

Not true don's brain runs at 12 psi gt revva's runs at 28psi :deal:

Search button son!!

lol:haha:

GT_REVVA - 6-12-2009 at 04:35 PM

maybe it's just that great minds think alike brah :naughty:

i have mad respect for those who think outside the bun.:lachen: and there are quite a few on here :deal:

D, just like myself, realiizes that all these electronics are man-made and as such can be manipulated.:naughty:

Dzaster - 7-12-2009 at 01:52 AM

Been having a little funny business with my clutch as of late. Sometimes it would be hard to get out of gear and into gear. Bled the clutch system and still noticed the problem. So I figure I start with replacing the cheapest part--clutch slave cylinder. So that's what I did.

Not sure if its normal for clutch slaves to leak like this, but this clutch slave cylinder is only but a few months old. :dunno:

Here is what the clutch fluid looked like.

While I had it out I figure it'd be a good time to try out that extended push rod that I got from Alf, which I believe he originally picked up from SpeedSource.net.

Installed.

Stock pushrod.

SpeedSource extended push rod.

Not exactly sure how the push rod worked as far as making the pedal easier since I don't currently have a heavy duty clutch installed(stage 1 kit only), but I know it solved the problem I was having. Clutch feels the best it has in a few months. It was also previously biting way at the top. It seems to bite a bit more towards the middle. Not sure if that's the result of just having the new clutch slave or if its the extended push rod.

Matt87 - 7-12-2009 at 10:03 AM

I switched my slave cylinder but it didn't solve my problem. I guess i'll try the master next and see what that does.

GA noob - 7-12-2009 at 10:04 AM

ive been having the same problem and my fluid looks just like this.

Kepp us updated man
im gonna order one of those push rods too:2thumbsup:

keep it up Don

Wheeler - 7-12-2009 at 12:35 PM

YUP!! Car is just amazing! You've done an outstanding job on all your tunning and wiring, and "man"ipulating of everything!! I seriously only wish I had the time you do to work on my car and accomplish half of what you have!

Mad props "knightrider!! lol

One thing I have never researched though was an extended pushrod. I've heard of them and seen them on here, but what do you gain?? All it does is push your clutch in quicker correct??

GA noob - 7-12-2009 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt87
I switched my slave cylinder but it didn't solve my problem. I guess i'll try the master next and see what that does.

hell me too mine are like dons maybe three months old on both i ended up replacing both .
but maybe they are still under warranty :dunno:

chucky - 7-12-2009 at 12:52 PM

:yikes::2thumbsup:

Dzaster - 7-12-2009 at 01:07 PM

You like the title Wheels?!!!:lachen: You inspired it. I will run with it. I mean, the Floridians like to name their cars, see it only fit since a couple of our favorite Floridians were behind much of the operation. The push rod I believe that us what it is, plus you utilize the full stroke of the clutch slaves piston. However I think mentioned earlier that Trev said one might experience a premature wear on the pressure plate. I really wanted it more forthe ACT clutch kit so it's really not in it's rightful setting. May consider making one from the two spare rods.

Rob replaced both mine as well. They have one year warranty if you have receipt. We misplaced mines so now I have my own folder for car purchases.

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by Dzaster]

MD4e - 8-12-2009 at 07:20 PM

:bump: for da sexyness brodah

Joe:2thumbsup:

117 - 9-12-2009 at 12:52 PM

i wanna see a pic of the so called "Folder" :pics2:

and lets hear this total of how much you have invested when you have the time to calculate it

Dzaster - 9-12-2009 at 11:18 PM

That's not including online purchases or car forum dealings.

However, I don't think its that bad, I estimate ~$6-7k including car.

Gotta consider 1/4 to 1/3 of that cost is shipping--to Hawaii.:bah:

Wheeler - 9-12-2009 at 11:54 PM

I should get all my papers out!!! hahaha

Well maybe not.....might scare me.... lol

[Edited on 10-12-2009 by Wheeler]

ugabuga - 14-12-2009 at 01:59 PM

lol i have a similar folder as well :))

riko666 - 14-12-2009 at 02:07 PM

I forbid you to call your car "K.I.T.T" as mine has been called "Knightrider" for 3 years now :hand:

Dzaster - 14-12-2009 at 03:36 PM

Yours can be "kitty", how about that? After all it is a Paseo.:oops:

GA noob - 14-12-2009 at 03:40 PM

here kitty..... kitty ..... dzaster wants to pet you

riko666 - 14-12-2009 at 03:41 PM

:hand:

[Edited on 14-12-2009 by riko666]

Dzaster - 14-12-2009 at 03:47 PM

I was MC Hammer in a former life.

GA noob - 14-12-2009 at 04:11 PM

you had it better than me
i was his pants and everyone forgot about me :weeping:

4agetercel - 14-12-2009 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Yours can be "kitty", how about that? After all it is a Paseo.:oops:

i dunno why but this reminds me of paseo15psi, with his "tercel's are inferior to the paseo" his idea is that people use paseo parts on tercels so it makes them crap, but then people want starlet parts on their tercel/paseo's so i guess both cars are inferior to the starlet:dunno:

drift_ae86_91 - 14-12-2009 at 04:53 PM

Lol, paseo's fall under the same category as celicas, as chick cars.

Unless we are talking all-trac/gt-four.. those are manly.

Dzaster - 14-12-2009 at 04:54 PM

^^^^:haha: :thumbup:

At GA noob, I used to sport the pants as well. Heck I used to make'em! And that is truef!

GA noob - 14-12-2009 at 05:06 PM

hahahahahah yeah man i had my grandma make em
we would go pick out the fabric from walmart and be all excited to do my first hammer dance in my new pants just to make sure they were good to go

Dzaster - 26-9-2010 at 11:38 PM

Scored myself a little gem here on my island for a stickin' sweet deal too.--$80. An 89 Corolla GTS manual transmission. The previous owner said it shifted perfect before the motor went. I sure hope so.

[Edited on 9-27-2010 by Dzaster]

4agetercel - 27-9-2010 at 03:07 PM

ohhhh wassuup, c52 swap imminent

EL42GPTurbo - 28-9-2010 at 01:24 PM

sweet score especially island side! :thumbup:

MonsterTercel - 28-9-2010 at 11:29 PM

What have you noticed with the watertoair cooling???? And is it just water? If I run it I would use alcohal since it would be on my winter beater so it dont freeze up on me. But did you notice a difference? And how does it work? How bigs the bottle and hopw long does it last? You have it on WOT or something?

Dzaster - 29-9-2010 at 12:50 AM

Yep Chris good score. I'm excited to get it in as the C150 or whatever is in there now is not doing so well. One of the reasons why I've taken it easy.

Monster, water-to-air generally refers to a type of intercooler. Is that what you are talking about, my ghetto intercooler sprayer? If so, I have no idea, I never really finished it. It's on there, just needs to be refined.

However, if you are talking about the methanol injection kit, that's on and rockin'. I don't know what all it's gained, but my purpose was more to cover my buns as I was self tuning. So far, it's done well. I use a mixture of 60/40 water/meth now. It's been tuned to 15psi and pistons still intact. :dunno:

MonsterTercel - 29-9-2010 at 01:47 PM

Ya I know about the waterinjection that is really cool and wanna go that rought as well!

But so whats the diff between your getto spry and water-to-air for turbos? Is there FMIC's in that style?

kennymp3 - 29-9-2010 at 05:46 PM

Don rigged up a intercooler water mister on the cheap,
Its works by spraying water on the Fmic and relies on the cooling effects of evaporation.....kinda of like sweat glands on people.

Dzaster - 30-9-2010 at 02:49 AM

That's why I did Kenny!

A real water-to-air intercooler runs water through a little radiator And then it runs through a water-to-air intercooler to
cool air as it passes through. If you can do a search for it with "sleepyrz" name for poster, you'll find a link to some kits.

EL42GPTurbo - 30-9-2010 at 10:56 AM

Im thinking of running a W2A IC setup on my car, kinda wanna keep the car looking sleeper. You can find kits for around the same price as a good FMIC w/ piping. Around 300-400 bucks.

IC Sprayers can be ghetto like Dons, and work great, or you can fork out the cash and spray them with no2. Personally I think cost for cost, Dons sprayer is all you need. Yeah no2 might be a colder spray but what costs more, water or no2? Im sure there is a bigger difference as far as how much heatsoak the IC will get when using just water, but you can probably use a mini oil cooler/trans cooler to keep the water your using for spray nice and cool, like mount it far from the motor in a place that gets a nice draft of air.

I just wanna make a point, Don just does it, he dont talk like oh wouldnt it be cool to do this, he just goes for it, that right there folks is what this whole terseo thing is about. He even takes stuff I had for my car and makes it work even better. DON FOR TERSEO PRESIDENTE!

Much Aloha my Braddah in the Lord.

kennymp3 - 30-9-2010 at 10:59 AM

For sure Chris, I wonder if mixing some standard 'ole rubbing
alcohol would help the water evaporate faster in Don's I/C sprayer...

MonsterTercel - 30-9-2010 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kennymp3
For sure Chris, I wonder if mixing some standard 'ole rubbing
alcohol would help the water evaporate faster in Don's I/C sprayer...

Thats just what I was thinking!!!!! Or if he balling outta control votka!!! :naughty:

EL42GPTurbo

Ya Don does what he does and I love his car as well. I was just a little confuzed about how it worked One thing that would be on my mind is running out of water cuz I forgot to see where the level is and run out oneday when I am hammering it! Not that that would blow my motor or anything just I am forgetfull!:weeping:

So if I can find a good water to air kit and fill it with the best cooling stuff I could get plus set up a kit like Dons with alco and wata! Running things really cool!!!!!!!:smug:

Don post as much as you can about that mister!
What motor?
Where is the take?
How did you wire it inside?
And so on:waving:

riko666 - 30-9-2010 at 11:23 AM

KITT? PFFFFT, you WISH you were as cool as the Hoff :screwy:

MonsterTercel - 1-10-2010 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
KITT? PFFFFT, you WISH you were as cool as the Hoff :screwy:

BUhahahaha I just got the title now!!! LOL :sucks:

Dzaster - 1-10-2010 at 11:21 AM

Yeah, Riko thinks he's the REAL Hoff that's all. You can be that fool.:screwy::lachen:

Thanks guys, but its been a while since I've done anything worth reporting tot he car, but as long as I'm not reporting bad, the "no news, is good news".

riko666 - 1-10-2010 at 11:23 AM

Don't playa hate :deal:

EL42GPTurbo - 1-10-2010 at 01:33 PM

Monster: with a W2A intercooler you really couldnt spray it with a ic sprayer, its completely different. Its basically a barrel shaped devices thats completely enclosed and the water pumps around, but inside it. More Info: http://www.frozenboost.com/

MD4e - 1-10-2010 at 04:20 PM

Beautiful!

MonsterTercel - 2-10-2010 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EL42GPTurbo
Monster: with a W2A intercooler you really couldnt spray it with a ic sprayer, its completely different. Its basically a barrel shaped devices thats completely enclosed and the water pumps around, but inside it. More Info: http://www.frozenboost.com/

EL42GPTurbo ya I got that part AHHHHHH Thanks for the like bro. I see now how it works but I would like something like this http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.z1motorsports.com/ima...

Or are the incloed ones the best? How much better are they then just air to air? I would like one in the pic and that way be able to mist it! :smug: Hmmmm got me thinking now:screwy:

Dzaster - 2-10-2010 at 11:28 AM

You should get boosted before you start venturing into the more exotic type upgrade/mods.:smug:

MonsterTercel - 2-10-2010 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
You should get boosted before you start venturing into the more exotic type upgrade/mods.:smug:

My winterbeaters new/old motor is in and it IS boosted!! 11psi stock from the factory!! This info is for this winter beater!! If I like what I feel it will go to the tercel in time! Since this car is older and WAYMORE UNCOOL then the tercel it is my pratice vehical and I will be getting parts over winter to up the boost and power just for the HAHAHA of it!!!!

:2thumbsup: But still good edvise and I will watch my walet and what I am doing! Thankd Don:waving:

Dzaster - 11-10-2010 at 12:01 AM

So for a while now I've been hearing this rubbing sound that I thought was my A/C compressor biting the dust. Turns out it wasn't. It was the passenger side mount, it unbolted itself from the block.

This was where the rubbing noise came from.

Tryna get at that one bolt behind the water pump pulley was a pain. If I ever have to buy a waterpump again, it's gonna be the one with the detachable pulley.:bah:

icyfyer - 11-10-2010 at 03:07 AM

DAMN!

drift_ae86_91 - 11-10-2010 at 07:45 AM

Yikes! That's a scary thought!

Monster. that intercooler you posted is a simple air to air cooler that just has 2 hot side inlets for a twin turbo application.

And all you ever talk about is your turbo winter beater, so, what is it?

Dzaster - 11-10-2010 at 11:53 AM

Had I not rigged up that front 4th motor mount I'm thinking I'd be in a bit more of mess by now. I only noticed the tilt in the engine after I unbolted the 4th mount.

Red thread lock is now on. I was seriously considering some JB weld thread lock. :lachen:

Also, one of the nuts from the turbo-to-manifold flange were totally backed out. Only reason the nut remained was because the turbo housing prevented it from totally falling out. And another was 1.5-2 turns loose. No wonder the car developed a jerky midrange boost.

All is well it would seem this morning.

MonsterTercel - 11-10-2010 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Yikes! That's a scary thought!

Monster. that intercooler you posted is a simple air to air cooler that just has 2 hot side inlets for a twin turbo application.

And all you ever talk about is your turbo winter beater, so, what is it?

I dont wanna say cuz its crap ( Also I am a bit ashamed that another car is geatting the turbo treatent before the tercel :irked: ) Now just remeber that it ius a winter beater, its a 94 plmouth acclaim:lachen::thankyou:
Drift_ae86_91 thanks for the edvise I learned a lot I was really confused.

Now that you know the car do you know why I never told anyone! hehehe:naughty:

Yo Don why did this bolt untighted?

Dzaster - 11-10-2010 at 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MonsterTercel
Yo Don why did this bolt untighted?

Prolly forgot to put spit on it.:lachen:

No idea, my only thought, and hope, is that I never torqued it fully when I first did the rebuild. I say "hope" because if something else is causing it to just come undone, that's not good, but I don't think that's the case. I think I must've not done it up right first time. Hopefully those conrod bolts were done up right.:yikes::haha:

Like I said, I put red loctite so I think it should be good.

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by Dzaster]

AstroVannin - 11-10-2010 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MonsterTercel

94 plmouth acclaim:lachen::thankyou:

Awesome car is awesome ... I want to see the Acclaim.

A friend of mine in college had a turbo Sundance... it was nuts. I think he was running just north of 20psi on a built motor.

GT_REVVA - 5-1-2013 at 05:47 PM

where is this guy?

i'd like to meet him - true story:deal:

Dzaster - 5-1-2013 at 06:04 PM

Hope you've your pennies cuz I aint exactly a stone throw.

Whats up breddah?

GT_REVVA - 5-1-2013 at 06:22 PM

you sneaky bastich...

yuh get rich an switch my ute. man get big 4runna an figet bout de likkle man dem:hand:

happy new year boss - how yuh do?

Dzaster - 5-1-2013 at 08:13 PM

Happy New Year to you too!

Nah, no forget. Just big family man now so need nice red neck vehicle.

The 4runner about done and so mostly working on aquiring the rare parts for the Datsun. That ones turning out to be a real money pit and still looks the same as the day I bought it.

117 - 5-1-2013 at 08:16 PM

he is busy with that shaggin wagon... lol

GT_REVVA - 5-1-2013 at 09:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dzaster  
Happy New Year to you too!

Nah, no forget. Just big family man now so need nice red neck vehicle.

The 4runner about done and so mostly working on aquiring the rare parts for the Datsun. That ones turning out to be a real money pit and still looks the same as the day I bought it.

hahaaaa, welcome to da ol' sckool

whatever happened with the Terky hunt?

Dzaster - 5-1-2013 at 10:54 PM

The hunt stopped at the Datsun. Itll be back on after the restoration.

And the wagon gets the money, but as far as time I dont get to do much projects because im off isle all week then wife and kids occupy my weekend.

GT_REVVA - 5-1-2013 at 11:02 PM

i hear dat braddah...glad to see you on tho

hail up all the other 808ers for me

Dzaster - 5-1-2013 at 11:37 PM

Ian, how'd it go with Brit's terc?

117 - 5-1-2013 at 11:40 PM

awaiting to finalize things... gotta make sure wedding expenses are handled first :deal:

(getting my plane ticket soon and then gotta pay for tux rental)

after that, i should be getting it hopefully (as long as she doesnt get rid of it before then :crossfingers:)

rainmaker9239 - 6-1-2013 at 12:46 AM

Been wonderin how your intercooler sprayer has worked for you. Any noticeable difference?

Dzaster - 6-1-2013 at 01:17 AM

Cant say if it did anygood. It was more like a soaker than a sprayer though. Lol.

Dzaster - 20-3-2013 at 01:46 PM

Here's one on intercooler spraying. Love this site.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0527

I'll be doing a better sprayer (not soaker) on the Datsun with the recommended parts in that article, not the large RV pump though. Want to keep component size down.

But that article makes good sense and so I'm going to say it works. Just need to spray down prior to boost and do so with a decent system w/ good spray nozzle.

And the one thing I was missing from the kit that would have "made it", i didn't put a check valve to keep the water from leaking through spray nozzles after the pump was disengaged.

[Edited on 3-20-2013 by Dzaster]

britishkid1 - 19-10-2014 at 08:14 PM

Love the headlights. How did you get them blacked out like that

Dzaster - 22-10-2014 at 02:12 AM

Are you talking about the BMW headlights? If so, those are the way they come, unless you're talking about the eyebrow/filler.

britishkid1 - 23-10-2014 at 02:07 PM

just how they are black housing

Dzaster - 23-10-2014 at 02:44 PM

Yeah those are stock BMW units. Just how the are.

britishkid1 - 25-10-2014 at 10:07 PM

How did you get BMW headlights

Dzaster - 25-10-2014 at 10:39 PM

I got them off ebay used. Pretty cheap.

mycars12 - 12-4-2015 at 08:31 PM

alright i think it is time for dzaster to do a diy on his headlights, i want them so badly lol
seems like a lot of modifications though
Please and thanks!!!

Dzaster - 12-4-2015 at 08:39 PM

Actually I followed the DIY of another member but just used fiberglass hair filler to finish fill the top. Was a little hackified and could/should be improved By the next willing and able person.haha

mycars12 - 13-4-2015 at 07:26 AM

you want to point me in the right direction lol, would appreciate it!